This is Home is a back-to-basics guide on how to create authentic wholehearted interiors. It''s about living simply – finding the essence of what makes you happy at home and creating spaces that reflect your needs and style. Filled with clever ideas and creative spaces it shows that you don''t need a huge budget to create a beautiful home.This is Home provides examples and case studies of places with a global and timeless feel that haven''t always been renovated in the traditional sense but are true homes.
Featuring 16 case studies from Australia, the US and Europe, and nearly 200 color photographs,This is Home will inspire you with beautiful, authentic places you want to be – today.
• How to determine your decorating personality, and what''s authentic for you.
• Learning to let go of the past and create a home for the person you are today, with a focus on decision-making and the art of editing.
• How to work out a budget for your time and money using your values as a guide. Where you can spend and save when it comes to creating lasting interiors.
• How to think creatively, not expensively, when it comes to making changes at home. Going beyond the usual suspects can help you to create a home that''s distinctively yours.
• How to create balance within a room while reflecting your decorating style – successful spaces are all about addition and subtraction, positive and negative.
• How to introduce decorative elements that make for authentic interiors that make you feel, and have an emotional connection.
• Key ideas to consider when creating your place in relation to its environment – from the surrounding landscape to local community.
• Ways to evolve what''s important for you and keep focused on your aesthetic and lifestyle.
• How to keep your home fresh without exhausting or expensive overhauls.
• How our homes can function as a place to rest our bodies, rejoice in our relationships and restore our values.
Product dimensions: 240 pages, 11.5 X 8.75 X 1.25 in